Public and Products Liability: Cover is provided to protect the insured against legal liability to pay compensation, claimants’ costs and expenses in respect of accidental:
- Bodily injury to any person (except as provided through an employers’ liability policy);
- Loss or damage to material property occurring in connection with the business.
Employers Liability: protects your business against your legal liability for injury, illness, disease or death of any employee under a contract of service with your business.
Contractor’s All Risks : protects the insured against any loss or damage to the permanent and temporary contract works, materials, plant, tools, equipment, site huts and scaffolding.
Goods in Transit: provides cover for loss or damage to property owned by the insured in the course of transit within the specified territorial limits. Liberty Insurance provides the policy. The standard duration of this policy is twelve months.
Property Damage: provides cover for the client’s material property as detailed in the policy schedule with cover options like:
- Basic Cover – Fire, lightning, explosion of domestic boilers or gas.
- Special Perils – Basic cover plus explosion of commercial boilers, aircraft, riot & civil commotion, malicious persons, earthquake subterranean fire, storm & tempest, impact, flood, and bursting or overflowing of water pipes and tanks.
- Accidental Damage – Special Perils plus cover for loss, damage or destruction as a consequence of accidental damage.
Policies can be optionally extended (at either level) to provide cover for any of the following: Sprinkler leakage, loss of rent, glass, money, burglary, subsidence, and deterioration of freezer stock.
What is an Excess: This is the insureds financial contribution when making a claim.
Business interruption insurance (also known as business income insurance) is a type of insurance that covers the loss of income that a business suffers after a disaster. The income loss covered may be due to disaster-related closing of the business facility or due to the rebuilding process after a disaster.